Safety Tips for Sellers
The NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® and our local El Dorado County Association of Realtors have worked hard to keep REALTOR® Safety foremost our minds but it’s important for our clients to be aware of as well as they also face some dangers in allowing strangers into their homes or visiting other people’s properties. Here are a few tips I found that you should keep in mind when you are selling your home:
• Strangers will be walking through your home during showings or open houses make sure to hide any valuables in a safe place. Remember to remove keys, credit cards, jewelry, crystal, and other valuables from the home or lock them away during showings. Also remove prescription drugs. Some seemingly honest people wouldn't mind getting their hands on a bottle of Viagra, uppers or downers.
• Don’t leave personal information like mail or bills out in the open where anyone can see it. Be sure to lock down your computer and lock up your laptop and any other expensive, easy-to-pocket electronics, like iPods, before your showing.
• Do not to show your home by yourself. Not all buyers and agents are who they say they are. Predators come in all shapes and sizes. In our area all agents should have lock box keys. Even if you are home, have them access the box for the key so that their information is entered into our lockbox system. If a buyer doesn’t have an agent or an agent doesn’t have a lock box key, have them call me.
• You are responsible for your pets. If possible, animals should be removed during showings. If buyers or agents are attacked, you as the owner are liable.
• When they return home after an open house or a showing, immediately verify that all doors are locked and all valuables accounted for.
I am a REALTOR® in El Dorado Hills with Lyon Real Estate. I love living in El Dorado Hills, where homes with views have become my passion. Working with both buyers and sellers, my concentration on homes for sale includes not only El Dorado Hills, but also Folsom and the Cameron Park vicinity. For more information on me or our wonderful area visit my website at www.DeeDeeRiley.com or email me at email@example.com. When you're ready to sell or buy a home – I would love to help! To read what my clients have to say about me and my service, visit my Client Testimonial page.
By DeeDee Riley 2013 *All Rights Reserved*Safety Tips for Sellers
DeeDee Riley - El Dorado Hills Realtor - Lyon Real Estate - CABRE#01499004
When you're ready to sell or buy a home; I would love to help! To read what my clients have to say about me and my service, visit my Client Testimonial page.